Monday, July 9, 2012

My Greatest Enemy

Woah! It's been FOREVER since we've done an update! So, we want to give you some food for thought. A short blog post from one of our good friends at The Ramp, Lexie Saxion:


My Greatest Enemy
The things I fight the most are things that some deem insignificant.
Watching pointless TV here and there. Sleeping in too late. Eating when I should be fasting. Ignoring that inner voice now and then. Occasionally listening to gossip.
These things seem harmless.
Some would say they don’t matter. Many would say that’s legalistic.
But, what some and many say doesn’t matter.
It’s only about what One person says.

He said, “Deny yourself.”
My greatest enemy is me. Your greatest enemy is you.
Our enemy the devil has already been defeated. It’s our fleshly man that has to be crucified every day.
The seemingly small, non-crucified areas are what keep us from fulfilling the fulness of our destinies.
So, every day I take a nail and hammer to me- the word and prayer. Day by day this enemy dies, and I step further into fulness.
What small areas have you left neglected that need to be nailed to a tree?



We know Lexie's post got us thinking. Every day is a good day to check your heart!
We hope you're having a great week so far!!